Rumor Final Fantasy XVI Is Coming To Xbox

Gwenievre

Seasoned
Staff member
In a post on the infamous forum poster NateDrake has stated that Final Fantasy XVI is coming to Xbox, it’s just a matter of when Square Enix, the game’s publisher, announces it. “FF16 on Xbox is going to happen. Just waiting for Square to announce it.

image_2024-08-19_105349588.png

I’ll believe it when I see it with Square. The Pixel Remaster was the last straw for me. Not only did they skip Xbox, but they also put it on iOS, Android, and even Amazon Fire tablets. I can't understand why they’d port it to all those platforms, along with PlayStation, Nintendo, and PC, but not Xbox.

I always notice that whenever a big gaming event is approaching, there’s news about an FF game, especially FF7R, potentially coming to Xbox. But it never seems to happen, unfortunately. It's not necessarily wrong to hope, but keeping expectations in check might be wise. I think Xbox players will enjoy it, though. I finally picked it up for $30 on PS5, but I'd definitely grab it again for Series X down the line.

This game is definitely carried by its story and characters. I don’t regret buying it, but it’s clear that people have overlooked its problems.

I got a PS5 mainly for FFXVI and Rebirth. Rebirth is pretty good, but FFXVI is honestly quite disappointing. The gameplay is boring and repetitive, and the melodramatic story has terrible pacing. Just when you think you’re making progress, you’re often forced into tasks that feel like they should have been side quests. On the plus side, the graphics are impressive.