Interview Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 director says the JRPG sequel will be "one of the most loved, most popular games in the whole history of video games"

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi thinks Part 3 will be one of the best games ever made.

Hamaguchi made the comments during a live presentation called 'Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Summoning A Masterpiece' (timestamped here), where he was joined by producer Yoshinori Kitase to talk mostly about the making of Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. At some point, the conversation turned toward the future of the trilogy, and both Hamaguchi and Kitase really took the opportunity to hype up fans.

"When I think about the third and final game in the Remake trilogy, it really does fill me with excitement, and I have such great expectations toward it as well," said Kitase. "I really hope the fans can have great expectations toward this game, and we will meet those expectations. We will definitely expand on and make the world of Final Fantasy 7 even bigger than it is now."

Full interview and details:

As long its not padded the fuck out like rebirth was, but hey who am I complaining, I just wanna see this come to an end now with a good ending

As long as Nomura isnt so overly involved again despite saying he isn't, I ll be fine with playing the third part too

Well thats the statement of all time considering how they made a clusterfuck of a mess of the narrative in the ending of rebirth lol
I liked it though, I know its slightly controversial but the ending aside, the game really is the most ambitious JRPG of the past decade

"When I think about the third and final game in the Remake trilogy, it really does fill me with excitement, and I have such great expectations toward it as well," said Kitase

Man I love Kitase and his positivity but I did not like what the ending of Rebirth made me feel, ruining an emotional moment to add in a multiversal thing for the story did not do any favors for me as someone who loved the original and even this remake trilogy