Interview Final Fantasy 16 Director Sheds Light On PC Optimization and Potential Xbox Port

Gwenievre

Seasoned
Staff member
We've done a lot of work optimizing the game for different CPUs and GPUs, as well as adding a lot of different graphics customization options," Takai explained. "We've also added support for various upscaling technologies, such as NVIDIA DLSS3, AMD FSR, and Intel XeSS, and increased the frame rate cap, too."

Takai also revealed that PC users wielding PS5 DualSense controllers will be able to enjoy full-fat haptic feedback, too. However, the game has also been optimized for those who are rocking it old school with a mouse and keyboard, too.

"There are plenty of other options I haven't mentioned, so I hope you enjoy playing around with them!"

He further adds:

"It was always our aim with the PC version to make it playable for as wide a range as devices as possible, and that includes the Steam Deck."

image_2024-08-19_225759409.png

Regarding XBOX
"We're taking one thing at a time right now, so I can't reveal anything about our future plans. All I can say is, it's something I would personally like to see happen!"

Link to Full Interview: 'It's something I would personally like to see happen!' Discussing Final Fantasy 16 for Xbox, the PC port and more with Square Enix's Hiroshi Takai.

Having it played on PS5, I not very hopeful. FF16 has to be one of the most hardware intensive games ever made, and some of those bossfights really shot up PS5 thermals. I hope he is right but I am inclined to believe that the release day will be a mess and square will complain about missing targets

I’d love to see XVI on Xbox, but I’d be even more excited for the Pixel Remasters.
Since we’re getting Visions of Mana, why not bring Trials, Secret, Collection, and Legend of Mana to Xbox too?

I’d personally love to see that happen as well. Hiroshi Takai and I have always been on the same page when it comes to these things.