Interview Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero Producer Talks Encyclopedia Mode, What If Scenarios, and More

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
One of my own most anticipated titles still slated to come in 2024 is Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero, a true sequel to the Budokai Tenkaichi series that has been largely dormant ever since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 came out way back in 2007 on the PlayStation 2. There's a lot we already know about the game, much of which is covered in my Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero preview, but I got an opportunity to speak with Producer Jun Furutani to see if he can provide a little more insight into the development of Sparking Zero, what their plans are for the future with regards to the game, and much more, all of which you can read all about below.

Full interview here:

Duuude I remember the encyclopedia from Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with Chi Chis commentary and insight lmaoo, she was annoying but dam nit was funny that I kept repeating her lines to see what she thought on everyone in the roster, glad this is coming back man

The devs really wanted to acknowledge everything that BT3 great and went all out with this, Im so surprised that the roster is huge as is without DLC or a character pass
Bandai has outdid themselves here

Duuude I remember the encyclopedia from Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with Chi Chis commentary and insight lmaoo, she was annoying but dam nit was funny that I kept repeating her lines to see what she thought on everyone in the roster, glad this is coming back man
Whats even better now is we have not just Chi Chi BUT Videl AND Bulma giving their insight on the stuff which I cant wait to see for myself

The what if scenarios are gonna add a ton of replayability to this game, I am double dipping to get this on Steam and PS5 man, waited ages for this game