[DISCUSSION THREAD] HADES 2 BEST BUILDS.

Hades 2 early access has been out for some time now. What are your favorite boons, keepsakes, weapons, etc?
What has been your goto build for the runs?

1716100881193.png

Last edited:
I am sticking with the old gods for now. Zeus, Posiden and Apohordite remain excellent choices.
Staff with posiden's flourish+ Zeus Static Shock

artemis arrows or chaos vows are nice additions as well.

Aplollo Sunlight Cast and APhordite Ranged attack damage on Staff have been really working well for me so far.
I also just unlocked the Moon Axe. Trying to get a hang of it but an excellent choice of weapon as well.

I love close ranged combat and daggers are my cup of tea in that regard.

Combined with Hestia's flame they absoluetly melt any enemy. The only problem is they do leave me vulnerable to many attacks so Hermes's speed come in handy there.

For me The Sister Blades are easily the best weapon because of the Aspect of Artemis as they not only give you one single parry while charging Omega attack but they also give you crit chance which makes them very strong. Coupling them up with Aphrodite's attack boon just does wonders as they give you close up damage. The Blades being a melee weapon is perfect for it. As for Daedelus upgrades I'd pick Back stab damage increase and Omega attack up/final attack up. So once you use the parry on the blades you get crit chance and then you can just spam the omega attack to get crazy amounts of damage. My personal highest hit was 2716. For dash I would go for Demeter or Aphrodite and for Magick recovery I would definitely use Apollo or Demeter.

Specials is not really the focus for this build and neither the cast

I've tried all sorts of builds to beat Chronus, and I finally found one that absolutely crushed him, no defiance resurrections needed. Here's what worked:

Staff: Hestia's Flame Strike, Smolder Ring, Hearth Gain, or Zeus's Ionic.
Apollo's Passive Supernova.
For boons, I had Flammable Coating and Molten Touch. I used cards like The Furies, The Titans, Eternity, The Huntress, Excellence, and The Sorceress. Champions is great to reroll and get the boons you want. I also used rings that bring out Hestia and Apollo.

At the last checkpoint, I go with my gut. If Chronus was the last to kill me, I use the card that gives 20% damage to him, plus the Hades boon that knocks off 20% of his HP at the start. For the hex, I did the HP one for the 50% damage trait and more HP.

With this setup, I could nuke Chronus from off-screen, almost untouched in his first phase. Just cast and hold down your omega attack (X or Square). It was amazing!
Oh, and if you see the Dark Side Boon from the moon, grab it—it's insanely OP.

Give this build a try! It really worked for me.

Zeus's omega cast build is an all rounder imo, works with pretty much all gods. Hera's curses, Aphrodite's boons, and Hestia's sacrifice and mana regeneration can serve as an extra topping, but they do rely on Zeus overall. Fun build.

Reactions: Shepard776
My prefrences so far are Aphrodite's close range, hammer with that 200 damage atatck , and apollow's sunlight cast with dagger as the main weapon. Also yes the cast expansion is also included, bonus points if you can get the targetting cast. Also Selene's 200 damage jump and drop speical ability too as i think its the safest.

this is my preffered build so far.

I personally really like using The Moon Aze with the Range increase, Omega Attack speed increase, and zeus passive lighting boons.

also sniping cast of any of the gods go well but Zeus, Apolllo and Hestia are my personal picks for that regard.

use this and chronos will die in an instant.

Zeus Lighting Lance, Strom Ring, SUperNova Cast + Sister Blades with Hestia's flame and Hephestus 200 damage boon + Use Revival Keepsakes. and Aracae Cards + Apollo's Daze on Sprint.

Witch's Staff, paired with Daedalus Hammer enhancements for a Double Cast on the Ohm Attack, though sacrificing the back attack.

With Scorch on the special and Demeter's freeze on the normal attack, along with two chaos normal attack buffs, the damage output was insane. Hephaestus' boons added extra oomph, with 200 damage on attacks every few seconds and 400 damage on specials periodically. boon that expanded the cast by 60% made it even more devastating.
Though its really sad the replicating the ideal build on every run isnt a viable option. Lotsa RNG involved

You wont believe me but I beat chronos without even using a weapon lol. I had a targeting Cast with Zeus lighting and expansion.

just kept spamming that in the final fight.

depends how well you use the tools avaliable to you on every run. You cant have a ideal or best build in Hades 2 on every run.

Last edited:
Axe combined with Demeter attacks. are great for high damage output. Pair it with Hestia Glowing Clao and Hermes's Sprint and you have one of the best builds in HAdes 2.

Use Chaos's Vows and Charon's Buffs whenever avaliable for the much needed buffs. Also Use Selene's heaing ability as you'll need it for the final fight and Scylla's fight.

different builds for differernt runs. There isn't techinally a best build in Hades 2 as you have to go through alot of runs before you get the gods and enhancments you really need.

although keepsakes and Cards can be kept the same so those are the permanent contributing factors.

Moonstoen Axe with amgic regen and all your encounters problem will be solved.

now just pick up a good cast either Apollo or Zeus and you are good to go to for the run. effects are choice pick whatever just dont choose aphordite as they aid with close ranged weapons.

Here is a build I used to beat Chronos the first stime.

Moonstone Axe and Zeus Cast with Target Boon

1716611112138.png

Hades 2 early access has been out for some time now. What are your favorite boons, keepsakes, weapons, etc?
What has been your goto build for the runs?

View attachment 9
My favorite keepsake would be "The beautiful mirror" that you get from gifting the Aphrodite boon the necter. Other then that i would also suggest Silver wheel and Knuckle bones. These keepsakes are good and very helpful, helped me kill kronos