Destiny 2: The Final Shape Discussion Thread [No Spoilers]

MrX

Novice
images - 2024-06-05T162430.376.jpeg
So I'm pretty sure the roller-coaster launch of Destiny 2's The Final Shape DLC yesterday is known to everyone at this point.

Me personally, I had to dip out due to the servers just being an absolute mess, might jump back in after work.

For those who completed it already amidst the hideous launch or are in the middle of it, are you guys enjoying The Final Shape DLC so far? Wanted to know your thoughts on the new campaign, new weapons, subclasses and the mechanics of Prismatic

Last edited:
20240606004612_1.jpg
Woooo, that was beautiful, by far one of the BEST CAMPAIGNS that Bungie has produced since the Witch Queen and an absolute treat to play on Legend Difficulty ESPECIALLY if you're a fireteam of three.
The new rocket sidearm with the Strand element is fantastic with beacon rounds and hatchling and every single mission and their puzzle is structured well off
My only gripe is the music isn't as grandeur as I expected in the campaign at least

Hyped for the raid!

Definitely a huge step up compared to Lightfall but ehh I would loved if it offered variation like Forsaken did, just my take here, the legendary campaign also felt much easier too compared to the Witch Queen one.
But yea that final boss fight is no joke, felt like a dungeon encounter

Can I skip directly to Final Shape expansion?
I wouldn't recommend it, while the game has a short recap, I suggest taking the time to play all the previous expansions and then diving into the final shape

20240606144150_1.jpg
Prismatic is cool asf, just wish the grind to unlock the fragments and abilities wasn't so tedious but IT IS Destiny after all, it is what it is lol

Incredibly meh, Guys it was literally the Destiny 2 vanilla pattern again, I mean FFS half the campaign is you going after Zavala and Ikora to save their asses since they crossed the portal the wrong way
And I know, we re not eve nat the narrative conclusion yet and have more episodes and timegated cutscenes to look forward to but I hope its as good as I expected initially

New guns are cool, and Overthrow event is pretty awesome to solo through, I don't mind getting the fragments too via the new memory consumables
I am feeling like the my damage is low? Any suggestions on what weapons deal the highest damage
Right now? I hope u got the Edge Transit GL from the Onslaught events during Into the Light, I also recommend getting Apex Predator RL crafted with Bait and Switch, Recon since its the best boss DPS weapon in Destiny 2 imo

• Sad
Reactions: Ace_the_Cayde66
20240606031452_1.jpg

IM JUST HAPPY TO SEE MY IDOLO AND HUNTER MAIN VANGUARD CAYDE 6 AGAIN WOOOO

In all seriousness, a solid campaign and the puzzles in between kept you engaged with each mission, plus the legend difficulty playthrough as your first time is a must for new or returning players!
Also got the Still Hunt exotic sniper and the mission for that is so wholesome with Cayde and Crow!!

Bungie cooked with the DLC.
Probably the best art direction in all of its expansions. It really might be my favorite or 2nd favorite expansion of theirs.