Console Vs PC Gaming? [Discussion Thread]

Miek

Paragon
So as someone who owns a Switch, PS5 and a somewhat-beefy gaming PC, while I enjoy playing games evenly across all of these platforms, the main thing that got me thinking was the indifference that people might ve felt in regards to each platform.
By that I mean if any of you have any particular reason why you prefer PC over Console for gaming and vice versa? Can be anything really

Also lets try to keep it civil as much as possible please :p
Not trying to stir up drama or anything, just interested to see your take/opinion on the matter :)

For platformers consoles OP, for first person shooters, always PC, for ranked hell-scapes, turn off all your systems, think for a moment how grass feels on your palm, how rigid the road is, how serene the trees are, if you cannot recall, take yo brainrot ahh outside, and take a gander.

As someone who has grown on PC gaming, I just find it more convenient to use. Especially with more console exclusives arriving on PC, the urge to stick to a console ecosystem is not exactly strong for me. However, while a console may have perks I haven't mentioned, I just feel like it's not something I prefer over PC.

Im a hardcore PC fanboy, always have been. I just really like the feel of using MnK, on top of that I have a dual monitopr setup, which gives me the option of having youtube, twtich, netflix, etc up on my other screen.

I still use my PS5 though from time to time, especially for exclusives like Returnal, GoW, Horizon, Ghost of Tshumia.

Been playing on PC for more than a decade at this point, so it's kind of hard to switch back. But Sony with its exclusives does make me consider going to a PlayStation from time to time.

Man these debates are so lame now. Just play on your preferred platform because at the end it boils down to what you prefer, simple. If you can own all, then enjoy the perks of all the gaming platforms but if you have a preference, well just live with the flaws and enjoy the USP of your preferred platform.

PC is most definitely a better choice just in terms of pure versatility. Modding, productivity, hardware attachments... it's all there. Pretty much the only thing that consoles (especially PlayStation) had were the exclusives, but even now those are becoming readily available... so I always recommend PC

To tell you the truth PC used to be much superior than console in the previous generation. The only thing Nintendo and PS had going for them were exclusives. Everything else was better than pc. But today PC is the worst place to play a AAA release caz of port issues

Not gonna lie... when I come back after a day's work I just need to relax when playing videogames, and I think just laying on the couch, grabbing a controller, and playing a game without worrying about performance and all that stuff is just too good

Reactions: Bettercall3ddy
PC or Console doesn't really matter, to me what matters is the comfiness of the game i'm playing.
If its a super competitive game or FPS like; Call of Duty or Rocket League, i'd prefer a PC for the added focus.
If its a cosy game or even a story game which i can chill to like; Hades, Dark Souls, or Horizon Zero Dawn, i'd prefer the controller so i can relax on the couch.

Of course platform exclusivity, developer's reccomendations, competitive/casual natures of games and other factors come into play that discourage/prevent PC or Console gaming. Keeping that aside.

TLDR; what matters isn't platform, but rather your comfort when playing.

For many exclusives used to be a reason to own a console but with each exclusive coming to PC (except for Nintendo) and any third party games avaliable on day 1 gamepass. I'd say PC is great for enjoying pretty much everything thats avaliable on the market

Console just gives me that Plug and Play feel where u can just boot up ur game from the homescreen without giving a damn about going into settings and spend 10 mins on benchmarks lmao
I get that PC has a lot to it such as multitasking, cheap game keys, 0 multiplayer subscription

But eh, I prefer singleplayer and aaa indie titles on PC and if I wanna play a visual novel, I ll whip out my asus tuf gaming laptop

I have been a console user for most of my life and I recently shifted to a PC, I have to say that those high graphic settings and high refresh rate that you get from a PC are unmatched, I myself am using RTX 3070 and it plays every title I want with ease. And the best part is that you do not need to buy any subscription in order to play online. But being honest, PC gaming is way more expensive as compared to Consoles like you have to buy high refresh monitors and beefy PC need hefty cooling systems and all. If you go for the console route, its way cheaper like you only have to buy the console and all you need is TV which you probably have at your home and you are good to go.
But at the end its your own personal preference