Official Concord Has Sold 25,000 Copies

Gwenievre

Seasoned
Staff member
Per Circana analyst Mat Piscatella citing Circana’s Player Engagement Tracker, on Monday August 26, “Concord ranked 147th in US PS5 daily active players across all titles, with fewer than 0.2% of Monday's active PS5 players playing the game.”

And analyst Simon Carless, who authors the GameDiscover.co newsletter, estimated that Concord’s total sales are sitting around 10,000 units on Steam, and around 15,000 on PlayStation

25,000 copies isn’t great, but it’s not the end of the world. If Sony can learn from this and improve the game, make it free, or at least add it to PS+, they might still have a chance to turn it around.

25,000 copies isn’t great, but it’s not the end of the world. If Sony can learn from this and improve the game, make it free, or at least add it to PS+, they might still have a chance to turn it around.
yeah you're right, the damage has been done but they can still save this game

Controversies aside, it’s hard to justify a $40 price tag. The market has shifted with live service games, and unless you’re a big name like Blizzard, it’s unrealistic to expect players to pay for a new IP. Now that we know the developers have dismissed legitimate criticism and insulted us as “talentless freaks,” the game doesn’t even seem worth it if it were free.

I’ve been gaming longer than I’d like to admit, and I’m struggling to think of a flop this big from a major publisher, especially a first-party one. Even recent failures like Suicide Squad and Redfall had better numbers than this.

Ouch. Maybe this will push Sony to cut the nonsense and focus on single-player games again. And while they’re at it, maybe they could drop the PSN requirements for their games on PC.

I hadn’t even heard of this game until it launched, and everyone started talking about how poorly it performed.