Official Chinese Investors Will Support More On AAA Games Amidts Black Myth Wu Kong's Success

Absalon

Seasoned
Staff member
Speaking to CNBC, Chinese investor Dino Ying explained that the game’s success could change the market completely. As an early investor in Black Myth developer Game Science, and the chairman of Hero Games, Ying sees the potential in more AAA releases.

The investor revealed that he has already invested in another AAA game in development in China. However, he refused to state what game that is or when the title can be expected to release.

“I think the next triple-A game is likely very close, because Black Myth: Wukong has shown everyone that a China-made AAA game can reach such high global sales,” the investor explained.

image_2024-09-03_193815568.png

I have mad respect for Game Science, this is there first AAA game and I have to say what a fantastic game it is

im so invested in this game nowadays that I have no clue what is happening in the outside world. Simply Amazing

The success of Black Myth: WuKong could change Chinese gaming. More investors supporting big projects could lead to a surge in high-quality games from China. This might be the start of a new great era for Chinese gaming.

I hope the new investors are into this for the long haul and not just looking to make a quick buck. Gamers have high standards and I hope the investors respect that

when you search up Game Science Google shows 2 games, Art of War and Black Myth, just compare the two and you'll be amazed how different games are made by the same developers