Bungie Wins Destiny Cheat Lawsuit In Industry First

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
ezgif-2-71cd10546a.jpg
It was recently reported that Bungie has won a lawsuit against Phoenix Digital (Aimjunkies) after alleging that the cheat provider infringed on a copyright. This is far from being the first time that a case like this has unfolded, but per Stephen Totilo, it could be a worldwide first that a jury has had to step in to settle the claim.

With Phoenix Digital filing a counterclaim and stressing that Bungie failed to prove a copyright infringement, it was left to a jury to pass the ultimate verdict – and they ruled in favour of Bungie.

Full Report:

Personally, as someone who's regularly played the game, I'm just happy to see that Bungie is locking down every major cheat engine suppliers of Destiny 2 in the market, what do you guys think?

Damn I just got to know about this through Aztecross' video and honestly as much ad Destiny 2 fails to regard its cheaters, I hope this just shows that Bungie is willing to shutdown these unethical mfers and go as far as court cases to settle the win

Good to see the news of this here. Its crazy how it all first started with Sweatcicle being targeted by the cheat site's developers, Bungie deserves this W

Damn I just got to know about this through Aztecross' video and honestly as much ad Destiny 2 fails to regard its cheaters, I hope this just shows that Bungie is willing to shutdown these unethical mfers and go as far as court cases to settle the win

no no I believe u have it mixed up, the one from 10 months ago that Aztecross reported was about DMG04, one of their former and loyal community managers being harassed online

Reactions: SpartaN
This trend of multiplayer cheat engine sites getting karma needs to be proactive more because oh man its some hilarious and self satisfying shit to see lmao

• Love
Reactions: Gypsydanger426
Bungie's been on a rollercoaster ride ever since splitting from Activision. wish I stayed up to date with Destiny but this sorta brings me hope that their management isn't all THAT terrible, but yeah, I still cant forgive them for the layoffs they did a few months back, at least not yet

20240414195359_1.jpg
Good to see Bungie's W being posted here!
I started the game too after a year long break and man the new Into the Light update is insane!!
Hopefully Bungie keeps the hammer down on these cheat sites and their users going into the Final Shape DLC