Location Black Myth: Wukong Silk Guide — How to Get and Use It

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
Like many of the crafting materials in Black Myth: Wukong, Silk is a rare crafting component which can only be found through a few certain ways in the game and while you may find it in rare commodity early on, during the mid-to-late-game stages, finding Silk becomes easier. In this guide for Black Myth: Wukong, I'll briefly discuss how you can get it and what the uses are for Silk in terms of upgrading or crafting equipment.

Key Takeaways
  • Black Myth: Wukong has a plethora of crafting materials to hunt down, one of them being Silk.​
  • Silk is primarily used as one of the ingredients to craft new armor pieces for the Destined One.​
  • Silk can be found in various sources throughout the game such as the stores from the Keeper's Shrines, as loot from chests and most notably as random drops from enemies or bosses.​

Uses Of Silk In Black Myth: Wukong​

Silk is used to craft armor and gear in Black Myth Wukong
Silk is a rare quality crafting material which is used to craft new armor in the game, the amount of Silk required for the armor may depend on the armor's rarity but generally you'll want to have a minimum of two Silk to craft any of the basic ones that require it as an ingredient. As the game explicitly states that it's a 'general armor' material, there is no other use for this material as far as we know other than to create new armor to wear for your Destined One.

How To Find Silk​

From what we've played in Black Myth: Wukong, the following are the few known locations and methods to obtain Silk:

Silk can be bought from Shrine Stores

1. Keeper's Shrines: Silk can be bought from the first chapter's Ancient Guanyin Temple Shrine, there are even more Shrines throughout the game that offer materials like it but this is where you can easily get your first two Silk.
  2. Chests: Starting from Chapter 2, I got various amounts of Silk from opening chests via exploration, you can easily get up to 2-4 Silk from chests.
  3. Bossfights: A few of Black Myth: Wukong's recurring bosses, such as the Yaoguai Kings can also drop Silk as rewards when defeated.
    Silk dropped from defeating enemies in Black Myth: Wukong
  4. Enemy Drops: Just like the chests from Chapter 2, you'll encounter the Rat and Spearbone enemies in this chapter, the Archer Rat enemies dropped anywhere from 1 to 2 Silk when I killed them so you should get plenty when killing these enemies in large crowds.
I hope this guide helps you get Silk. If you have any questions about it, do let me know in the comments below.