Best Settings for Cyberpunk 2077 in 2024

Just started the game after hearing all the good things about the latest update 2.0, was wondering with so many extensive graphical options, what's like the best settings to have for Cyberpunk when playing on PC?? For the record I have an RX 6700 XT and R5600X, I know the game isn't particularly demanding now but would still appreciate some feedback on what options are the most demanding

I mean I'm not an expert in Graphic cards since I just use my gaming laptop to play stuff but when I played the game on the update 1.6, had little to no trouble running it at low to med settings. My laptop is the Asus tuf f15 with a 3050. Mind you that the game now has several options to boost fps so it wont matter much if you run everything at med and add dlss and frame gen on top

Im running a 6600 XT and tbh if you're worried about performance, I'd tinker with all of the shadow settings ( Cascaded shadows range, resolution etc) since I found them to be most intensive. You can also lower any settings with volumetric in em, especially the clouds since they're really not that big of a deal at least to me

Using a 3060ti and I513600kf, these are the settings along with the upscaler, Cyberpunk 2077 in 2024 runs like butter bro, u shouldn't worry too much. I think Ray Tracing is the most intensive setting rn, without it, u shouldn't run into any problem with running the game around 60fps

Also the settings mentioned in this guide can relatively be replicated if you want to learn more about the best settings

Attachments

• 2024-05-25 16_47_23-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.jpg
    2024-05-25 16_47_23-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
Uh its a pretty optimized game now and with ur specs, u should hardly run into any major problems, just that u MAY OR MAY NOT get some dips when exploring dogtown in the DLC since that piece of shit area can tank performance lol, but yeah like what others said, tweak around with settings and maybe run some benchmarks too if you're unsure of any setting

Im running a 6600 XT and tbh if you're worried about performance, I'd tinker with all of the shadow settings ( Cascaded shadows range, resolution etc) since I found them to be most intensive. You can also lower any settings with volumetric in em, especially the clouds since they're really not that big of a deal at least to me
+1 to the shadows settings, were notorious for being intensive for the game to perform back then but should be the same probably. Still, game is greatly optimized now in the current state

Even after the update 2.0 overhauling the optimization for this game, I ve still used Digital Foundrys settings, in particular Akex' non ray traced settings at 1080p. But yeah you're gonna have to tweak a few settings yourself and run a benchmark in case u wanna find the sweet spot to your choice

I really enjoy Hardware Unboxed's optimization guides for games so if you want a definitive answer to the best settings for Cyberpunk 2077, u know where to go man

Ehhh for the optimal experience, I recommend just saving for a 40 series card to use DLSS 3 and frame gen but hey the game still works great on prev gen cards just as good OP. Just that you wont be able to maximize Ray tracing which isn't too much of a bummer ig