best DNS servers for gaming

Nito

Elite
sRY for bad english, I play PS4 and heard from friend DNS help with making internet speeds fast, which are the best DNS server value for gaming?
Do they make difference in speed, plz tell

No worries about your English dude lol, its fine

Using a fast DNS server can indeed improve your internet speeds and enhance your gaming experience. Here are some of the best DNS servers for gaming:
  • Google Public DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Cloudflare DNS: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
  • Quad9 DNS: 9.9.9.9 and 9.9.9.10
  • OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
These DNS servers are designed to provide faster lookup times and improved performance. By using a faster DNS server, you can potentially reduce lag, ping, and loading times while gaming. I myself use Cloudflare DNS server. You can change these in your PS4 settings

Using a fast DNS server can indeed improve your internet speeds and enhance your gaming experience. Here are some of the best DNS servers for gaming:
These DNS servers are designed to provide faster lookup times and improved performance. By using a faster DNS server, you can potentially reduce lag, ping, and loading times while gaming. I myself use Cloudflare DNS server. You can change these in your PS4 settings
these are good and all but where do I do the changes in the settings????

Idk about PS4 but

if you're on PC, you can set up a custom DNS by going into
Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > Right-click on whatever your connection is > Properties > IPV4 > Properties and under general just input the value of the DNS server
Screenshot (442).png

Its pretty easy and simple actually to change DNS on PS4/PS5
U juts gotta go into network settings and when setting up a network, select custom and it ll let you customize DNS server value there both primary and secondary

Google DNS has gotten pretty old for me IMO, used it back when I had a PS4 in 2015 to 2019, now for PS5
I use the Cloudfare but only when my internet is acting up weirdly and works smoothly

I'd recommend GoogleDNS or Cloudflare DNS. I have been getting very stable pings multiplayer games after changing theim to the opprpriate server.

that said it also depends on your own location so you may not necessarily have the same experience as the rest but the common masses recommend these ones

To set up your DNS server on your PS4 you can follow these steps
  1. 1. Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection
  2. Select your internet connection type (Wi-Fi or LAN)
  3. Choose "Custom" instead of "Automatic"
  4. Enter the DNS server addresses (primary and secondary)
  5. Save your changes
After all these you are good to go and enjoy games with faster speeds and reduced lags