Answers of Remnant 2 AMA (Part II)

Sphinx

Staff member

Read this for part 1: Answers of Remnant 2 AMA (PART I)

To the devs or game director, if it's possible, I wanted to ask what y'all's favorite archetype and dual archetype combo is.
Interested to see what you all play with! cheers for the game, hope you have a good launch with this DLC!
Randall Villegas, Principal Environment Artist at Gunfire Games: I've tried to give some love to all the Archetypes, but I have some favoritism to the Explorer Archetype! Speeding across the map and pinpointing treasure is really fun for me. Dual Archetype is a lot tougher thinking about all the different combinations you can make. Thinking about synergies and how they work, I really like Alchemist and Handler together. It gives you a lot of supporting elements and helps you self-sustain with solo runs. Also, who doesn’t love a good boy? Really, I like to hop around and try different things, and I think that's a lot of the magic for what makes Remnant work. Thank you for the support!
Cindy To, Principal Level Designer at Gunfire Games: Medic + Alchemist was my combo for my 3-person co-op apocalypse run with shield + elixir of life... someone’s gotta keep us alive!
⦁ Steve Bednarz, Senior Designer at Gunfire Games: I enjoy “mage” gameplay. I tend to gravitate toward Archon, Ritualist and Invoker. Throw in Challenger for Rampage here and there, that’s my jam.

How many new weapons or weapon types can we expect from the Dark Horizon?
Steve Bednarz, Senior Designer at Gunfire Games: I don’t want to give away the exact number as we’re excited for the community to discover all the different weapons with the launch of The Dark Horizon. That said, one weapon that comes to mind is Redeemer, a new hand cannon which offers very unique features that separate it from anything else in the arsenal of Remnant 2.

First of all, congrats on the success of Remnant 2. My question is do you guys intend to expand on Melee weapons/ combat, or will guns remain the focus of the Remnant series moving forward?
Steve Bednarz, Senior Designer at Gunfire Games: Thanks! Ranged combat will always be an important part of Remnant, but we definitely want to be mindful of supporting Melee combat as well. In doing so, Melee weapon designs must consider enemy capabilities, such as flying, which can often lead to restricting melee’s viability. At the same time, our goal is to not limit or restrict enemy and boss designs just to cater to melee. So, melee weapon designs should allow alternative methods to approach all types of combat. I believe some of the recent Melee weapon designs give a glimpse into that mindset, such as Crystal Staff’s capabilities. As well as some of the melee weapons yet to be seen in The Dark Horizon, which I think are some of the coolest examples of Melee support to date that make melee viable in nearly all scenarios.

Do you guys intend on having any crossover events or doing a crossover with other games in the future?
Cindy To, Principal Level Designer at Gunfire Games: We don’t have any planned at this moment, but who knows what could lie in our future

Out of all the locations, which one did you have the most fun building, during development?
Btw I loved Losmn the most.
Cindy To, Principal Level Designer at Gunfire Games: I’m bias to Losomn too. I mean, who wouldn’t like the prompt of “Let’s make a Souls/Bloodborne, but in Remnant-” 😊
Randall Villegas, Principal Environment Artist at Gunfire Games: I think a lot of us at the studio have a bias towards Losomn. I love the contrast between the Gothic architecture where the Fae reside and Victorian style slums that the Dran inhabit. I enjoyed the Awakened King DLC with our Principal Level Designer, Cindy, and how to tackle the city layout and larger compositions like the castle framing.

Do you intend to add a dual-wielding mechanic in the next installment, or is that something you guys discussed internally?
Steve Bednarz, Senior Designer at Gunfire Games: Listen, dual-wielding is cool. We’ve definitely discussed it. Never say never

We did see that the Forgotten Kingdom DLC's content felt a little out-of-place lore-wise when side-by-side with the base game. Should we expect better cohesion with the next expansion or at least a better explanation of how the previous DLCs connected with each other?
Cindy To, Principal Level Designer at Gunfire Games: The Forgotten Kingdom was teased in the base game of Remnant 2 if you came across a hidden crypt filled with Living Stone – there you’ll find a lore item actually written by Walt. The story of Forgotten Kingdom was also a lore treat for those who may have followed various storylines going all the way back to both Chronos and Remnant: From the Ashes. It may not be “as obvious” as Losomn’s overall storylines, but just keep in mind Yaesha’s been around for awhile with its deep lore across the games! And as for The Dark Horizon in N’Erud, again, it’s always about lore treats! Who doesn’t like treats?